Tuesday 5 June 2007

Time flies... ...

Today is already 5 June! It has been 2 weeks since I stopped work.

Day Before Departure
I had taken 3 days leave to finalise the packing. Unexpectedly, we were still trimming our luggage till late Friday afternoon! We intended to max out the baggage allowance and exceeded quite a bit. ;p

Dinner was steamboat. In addition to our families, Owl's aunts and cousins also turned up. It was quite a party! We ended up going to bed very late.

Flight & Fever
Qi was charming at the airport. Waving goodbyes and blowing kisses without being prompted. I thought our little adventure had started off very well. :)

After some hours on the plane, Qi became cranky. She also refused water. When she finally fell asleep, I put her into the bassinet and covered her with a blanket. To my horror, she woke up with a fever! When I tried to feed her dinner, she even threw up! :(

Even when we arrived in US, Qi's fever did not go away. She was found to have ear infection and prescribed antibiotics. Poor Kiki lost much weight and looked terrible.

Thankfully, we bid Qi's fever goodbye on Thursday. Her appetite also returned. So did her smiles! :)

Expat Tai Tai? Dream on... ;p
All the washing to be done after the cooking had dried my hands till my knuckles cracked!

A clingy toddler is also not the best fashion accessory. Haha! ;)

Nevertheless, it is a nice change from the madness at work. Qi is driving me crazy with her demands to be carried though!

The best part so far? Seeing how much Qi enjoys the food that I cook. It brings such immeasurable joy to me! (^.^)

7 comments:

Lucian Teo said...

Moisturiser is your best friend.

Unknown said...

Nice name for your blog. =)

Just so you may know (if you didn't already), you can upload, store and share your photos on flickr.

The basic account's free and you can link the photos from there to your blog directly.

Keep the updates coming :)

Huili Mummy said...

Glad to hear from you guys! I don't miss work.. ;p but I do miss seeing all of you!

Sheela said...

Awaiting more posts....Perhaps I shud start one on Calcutta huh.

Unknown said...

Hi Hui Lih!! Glad to know you survived the long flight- poor Qi, but never mind, I'm sure she will be nursed back to health with generous American portions, right? (hee) Post some more photos for us!

Sheel, you so should start a blog on Calcutta. You know, a life-after-CCD blog ;) Danielle has one too.

-Lisa

Unknown said...

Hui Lih!!!!!!!!!!! We miss you! yea, u should all start a life -after-CCD blog. hmm... should get my dear mentor to start one too. And yea babe, must put on lots of moisturiser. U won't wanna end up wt scaly knuckles. :P

hey, anyone has Danielle's blog address?

Huili Mummy said...

Hey Valerie babe, Danielle's blog address is as follows: http://www.brainjuice-ramblingsofanewmom.blogspot.com/. Go check it out too! :)