Sunday 15 July 2007

Bruneau Dunes & Canyon (2 June 07)

My blog is super outdated. Kiki still demands my attention when she is awake. And the moment she (finally) falls asleep in the afternoon, it's time for me to quickly prepare the ingredients for dinner and do other housework. Sigh... ...

Now that both Kiki and Owl are taking a nice nap, let me share our first day trip out of Boise!

Bruneau Dunes State Park
This state park has a romantic slogan, "Feel the Sand; Touch the Stars". Sadly, I didn't do either there.

P1040337

We have chosen one of the hottest days in Idaho to visit North America's largest single sand dune! The sun was so ruthless, Kiki and I hid in the car when Owl climbed the dune with Min Li and Zhi Jun.

P1040379

Fortunately, Owl's other colleagues arrived after a short wait. After they had also gone up the sand dune, we hurried off to the next stop. We were really baking in the sun like hot potatoes!

P1040406
Not everyone is in the picture though

P1040407
A nice family portrait

Bruneau Canyon Scenic Overlook
After leaving the sand dunes, we drove a few miles farther to look at a small canyon. If only the sun was more forgiving, we would be able to appreciate the grandeaur of it.

P1040416
It's small but still magnificent!

It's like a sneak preview of Grand Canyon for us! We are really looking forward to seeing GC after this.

P1040467
More shots for Owl while we hid in the shade

The lesson learnt is to check the weather when planning our trips!

First Day Trip:
2 June 07 - Bruneau Dunes State Park and Bruneau Canyon Overlook

6 comments:

jenn said...

Well done mama huilih! Very nice pics captured at the mini GC. Do take more shots (beautiful ones, hor)when you next visit the actual GC! Wow...see all the sweet similing faces..must be having a jolly good time despite the hot weather. Keep going!!!

cheers*_*
auntie jenn

Lucian Teo said...

That's what I miss most about life abroad. Not that there's nothing to do in Singapore, but long road trips into Malaysia scare me a bit. :)

Unknown said...

So life's not so boring after all as a full-time mom right? ;) Sounds like you're having quite an active life from the look of your schedule of celebrations and day trips!

Huili Mummy said...

Hello! So nice to read your comments! Show that you all still remember me. ;p

Being a full time mom means my daily life is largely preoccupied with housework and taking care of my girl. This kind of life has its own challenges, especially now that Kiki is pretty strong and can wriggle out of my arms!

Although I'm pretty tired most of the time, I will definitely miss the travelling here. The road trips here can be long too. But the scenery is worth the ride. :)

Unknown said...

Hey mummy! So fun to be able to go for trips during weekends, without having to get out of the country.

Norani and I were looking at ur baby's photos, playing with the neighbour. We were saying that these are ideal shots to be used in her wedding ppt slide show! You know the typical ones everyone uses during the banquet. ha ha! =)

Huili Mummy said...

Haha... I was also having the same thots! Perhaps I should start collecting photos and give her a surprise during her wedding. Oh gosh! She's only 18 mth old and we're already thinking so far ahead. Haha... ;p